Econometrician / Statistical Modeler
We have an immediate, full-time opportunity in our Fulton, MD office for an Econometrician / Statistical Modeler for Chrysalis Analytics. Our high-growth, entrepreneurial company requires a candidate with and open mind and sense of urgency attitude. This position reports to the Vice President, Analytics. Click here to submit your resume.
- Economic research and econometric studies
- Predictive modeling
- Data mining and pattern recognition analysis
- Exploratory data analysis
- Data processing, data pruning, data sampling
- Analyzing/reporting model outputs
- Running ad-hoc reports
Qualified candidate must have:
- Open-minded, creative thinking, strong data analytical, business and problem-solving skills
- 0 to 2 Years experience with predictive modeling and data mining, spatial econometrics, geostatistical analysis, time series analysis
- Hands-on experience with at least one mathematical/statistical modeling tools (Matlab/SAS/ Stata etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with MS Office products
- Expertise in MS Excel
- Attention to detail, efficient organizational skills, and demonstrated follow-through on deliverables.
- Experience with MS SQL Server database/ T-SQL is a plus
- Ph. D. degree in economics/mathematics/statistics/computer sciences or related fields
- Basic knowledge of financial markets and credit risk modeling, experience with the secondary market is a plus
The company offers a solid compensation package based upon experience and capabilities including salary, bonus opportunity, healthcare coverage and matching 401K plan.
Chrysalis Holdings provides early stage capital, infrastructure development, and management expertise to growth oriented companies in the financial services and direct marketing industries. Chrysalis Holdings’ companies, NewDay, Lending Space and Chrysalis Analytics operate within the mortgage lending and financial services space, leveraging technology, business analytics, and intellectual capital to produce results with high returns on investments. For additional information, please visit www.chrysalisholding.com and www.newdayusa.com.