Secondary Marketing Analyst
We have an immediate opportunity in our Fulton, MD office for a results-oriented Secondary Marketing Analyst for NewDay and its related companies. Our high-growth, entrepreneurial company requires an analytical thinker with advanced excel skills and the ability to communicate effectively. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance. Click here to submit your resume.
- Review and analyze daily mortgage backed security (MBS) pricing to determine best execution for pools of mortgage loans.
- Execute rate locks and trades with the secondary marketing investors and with Wall Street broker-dealers.
- Locks loans with investors, contact the investors to make necessary changes, and managing expiring commitments.
- Analyze mortgage portfolio to determine negative trends and recommend changes to the company’s credit policy.
- Prepare various daily revenue and pricing reports.
- Monitor the company’s interest rate exposure by reviewing the current pipeline and open trades
- Assist the Vice President of Finance with various ad hoc projects which include but are not limited to, investor presentations, detailed revenue analysis, and reports for the compliance department.
- Interface with all levels of management, internally, as well as associates and other professionals within the finance industry.
Qualified candidate must have
- Experience executing rate locks and trades with investors and broker-dealers.
- Advanced Excel skills - required.
- Ability to work collaboratively under stringent time constraints.
- Capacity to work in a fast-pace, hard-working environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional integrity and the ability to safeguard and maintain confidential corporate and customer information.
- Keen attention to detail, and sense of urgency for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- 2+ years experience in secondary marketing with conventional and government products.
- 4 year degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or Accounting; advanced degree preferred.
The company offers a solid compensation package based upon experience and capabilities including salary, bonus opportunity, healthcare coverage and matching 401K plan.
NewDay is a nationwide VA, FHA and reverse mortgage lender offering a wide range of mortgage-based products to homeowners with a variety of needs and goals. The company is the exclusive provider of mortgage lending for Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) members. The company is also a HUD-approved reverse mortgage lender, and in 2010, was among the top 10 providers of reverse mortgages in the U.S. Retail branch offices serve customers in select markets, including the Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington D.C. metropolitan areas. For more information, please visit www.newdayusa.com.